Dementia Action Alliance
At January’s meeting the council decided to become a member of the Dementia Action Alliance. The movement aims to bring about a society-wide response to dementia by encouraging and supporting communities and organisations across England to take practical actions to enable people to live well with dementia and reduce the risk of costly crisis intervention. If you are a member of an organisation and would like to sign up to this worthwhile cause please email email@example.com.
The following actions were also approved:
Dementia Action Alliance Actions
1. The Town Council will promote the ‘THIS IS ME’ leaflet which helps health and social care professionals build a better understanding of the person’s character, likes and dislikes.
2. Town Council staff will be trained in the awareness of dementia to recognise the signs and know how to respond.
3. The Town Council will encourage local businesses and organisations to sign up to the Dementia Action Alliance.
4. The Town Council will respond to individual needs and help or support them when it is reasonable to do so.
5. The Town Council will promote the work of the Dementia Action Alliance through its website, social media, notice board and newsletter.